AN INNOVATIVE ALL DAY TRAINING COMING TO NEWPORT ON MAY 20, 2017
JOIN US for PLACE (Preparing Local Activists for Community Engagement), a full day conference organized by the Diversity Coalition of Lincoln County.
For everyone who said "OK What's Next" following the Women's March on January 21 -- please join us at this conference in Newport on May 20! We've put together quite a lineup of diverse workshops and presenters about issues in our community and ways to be engaged over the coming months and years.
The PLACE Conference will include presentations and workshops led by local social and political activists working for social, political, and environmental justice. See the full schedule here.
Saturday, May 20th
9am to 4:30pm
Oregon Coast Community College
400 SE College Way, Newport, OR 97366
REGISTRATION IS $25, OR $10 FOR STUDENTS, AND INCLUDES:
- full day conference (one large panel discussion, plus your choice of several workshops and panels on different topics (see the schedule for details)
- an optional two hour intersectionality workshop led by Franki Trujillo-Dalbey
- coffee and snacks throughout the day
- music during the lunch break
- information tables by a large variety of Lincoln County organizations that are working toward social justice so you can learn more about what’s going on in your community and how to help
NOTE: No one will be turned away due to financial constraints. If you are unable to pay, or can’t afford the entire fee, just indicate that on your registration form.
If you are financially able, please consider donating an additional amount so that all who want to can attend! Or, if you can’t join us, click here to make a donation so all can attend, regardless of income.
Reserve your Spot Today!
Register now for what is sure to be an educational and inspiring day of training and fellowship.
Spread the Word!
Please go to this event on facebook and indicate you are going, and then share with your friends!